Defending a Self-Defense Shooting
This member education program features a discussion with attorneys James Fleming and Royce Ferguson, moderated by Network President Marty Hayes. This lesson covers a wide array of topics, including--
- No such thing as a “good” shoot – and why you need to avoid using that term.
- What to expect immediately after a shooting.
- What do prosecutors look for when deciding whether to file charge.
- Why you should worry if you are not arrested and why you still need to hire an attorney.
- Why you must keep quiet about your incident and why you cannot talk about it even with friends and family.
- Investigation, charging, pre-trial, pleas, trial, jury selection.
- Burden of proof and the affirmative defense.
- Advance preparations the gun owner can make before self defense.
- Civil litigation.
- What is brandishing?
- Unreliability of eye witnesses.
Plus Q & A between the attorneys and a live audience. For previews of our other member education lectures, click here.